Saturday, November 24, 2012

How to Wear Metallics

Metallics are a very hot trend this season--as long as you wear them the right way! It's important to avoid multiple metallic pieces in one outfit. The key to working these metal hues is to balance them out with basics. Avoid looking like a walking disco ball by pairing a silver skirt with nude heels and minimal jewelry. I was inspired by Caroline Flack's take on Metallics in the photo below.


The focal point of the outfit is this gold blazer, so I just paired it with a plain black, long sleeved romper, available here. Simple accessories, like this pair of heels with an ankle-strap, along with this clutch, allow the tuxedo style blazer to take center stage.

X

3 comments:

  1. I am in love with those shoes!

    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good start! Wish you good luck'!
    http://catswalldrobe.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete