Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Beauty Box & Ulta Haul

Hey guys! I just went to Ulta because I had a coupon and wanted to add another Essie nail polish (my weakness) to my collection. They had a lot of things on sale and I ended up leaving with more than originally planned, go figure!

   

Essie Nail Polish in the color Devil's Advocate - A pretty dark purple shade, and my new favorite. $8


Benefit 'They're Real!' Mascara Mini - I know I said in a previous post that the only mascara I used was Lashgasm by Too Faced, but I received a sample of this mascara and I had to go buy my own! I love the way it looks on my lashes, as you can see above. $10


NYX Lipsticks in the colors Frosted Flakes & Vitamin - I need some more light colored lipsticks that weren't too dramatic looking to wear to school and I found these! The first is a nude-ish pink, the second is a pink-ish coral. They both have a lot of shimmer, and were buy one get one half off. I'm glad I bought these bargained babies! $3.99 each.

A lot of you have probably heard about websites that offer monthly boxes filled with various beauty products. I've always wanted to try one, but seeing as there are SO many different sites you can go through, it can be overwhelming. I searched the web and finally settled on the site beautybox5.com. They send you a cute little blue package right to your door, filled with five assorted beauty products, for $12 a month. Most of the items aren't 'brand name' but can still be considered quality in my opinion. 












I like these beauty boxes because you get to try out new things you probably wouldn't have otherwise. It's always fun opening up and seeing what surprises are in store. The best part about this certain company is that you can cancel your membership anytime, if you find you don't like what you receive, which is something that other companies don't offer. Hope you guys enjoyed the little haul and let me know if you've tried any beauty boxes similar to this before!
Also, I'd really like to host a giveaway in the near future, so be on the lookout for that sometime soon.








12 comments:

  1. Thank you! I have to try burgundy mascara...it sounds interesting and its become my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to test that mascara out too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the frosted flakes color! I got a beauty box subscription for my birthday once from a friend. I believe the company was called yellow box, I don't know if they exist anymore but it was awesome. So much fun to get a surprise present every month. I hope you post every month on the items you get. I'm curious!

    xo
    Tiffy
    www.CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a good idea to buy for a friends birthday! I'll have to look into that.

      Delete
  4. Yes, I Love They're real mascara my self very natural looking. I've recently posted on this mascara too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blog! Followed. But I have the same nail poish "devils advocate" by elle, its so pretty for the fall/winter! :)

    Dawn
    http://lifexstyle.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love darker colored nail polishes & I agree.

      Delete
  6. Hi there! I just nominated you for the Liebster award because I enjoyed reading your blog. Check the details about the award on my blog :) www.queenlytan.blogspot.com
    Oh I want one of that NYX lipstick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those shades of NYX lipsticks! :)

    xx, Francesca of http://primpandpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didnt know about beauty boxes like these, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite mascara and absolutley love NYX! especially the cream lip stains

    http://littletoomch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gotta try that mascara!!!
      Follow me? chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
      -jen <3 :D

      Delete